January was a pretty good reading month for me as I managed to get in 10 books. Four of these ten books were really good 4+ star reads for me and only one of the books was just ho-hum. Not a bad month!
I read about 4 less books this January than I did in January of 2015 which is all part of my plan for the year. As mentioned in a previous post, my plan is to slow down my reading this year and enjoy it more instead of trying to hit some number goal and rushing through books.
Here’s what I read last month:
1) Star of Fortune by Nora Roberts: first in a new trilogy and quite a bit more magical than she usually does-4/5 stars
2) PuckedUp by Helena Hunting: #2 in the Pucked series and just as lovable and hilarious-3.5/5 stars
3)PuckedOver by Helena Hunting: see my review here-4.5/5
*first check off of my Reading Challenge for this year
for a book published in 2016
*any excuse to use this pic
5) Friction by Sawyer Bennett: my lowest rating for the month-if you are looking for lawyer romance/sexy try Emma Chase instead-2.5/5 stars
6) Landline by Rainbow Rowell: interesting read, see my full review here-3/5 stars
7) TheWoods by Harlan Coben: one of my favorite authors who NEVER disappoints-4/5 stars
8) NeanderthalSeeks Human by Penny Reid: read my full review here-3.5/5 stars
9) HeatExchange by Shannon Stacey: review to come!
10) ThePassenger by Lisa Lutz: another of my favorite authors-review to come!