Thursday, January 28, 2016

Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid

Summary:

There are three things you need to know about Janie Morris: 1) She is incapable of engaging in a conversation without volunteering TMTI (Too Much Trivial Information), especially when she is unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her more than Quinn Sullivan, and 3) She doesn't know how to knit.

After losing her boyfriend, apartment, and job in the same day, Janie Morris can't help wondering what new torment fate has in store. To her utter mortification, Quinn Sullivan- aka Sir McHotpants- witnesses it all then keeps turning up like a pair of shoes you lust after but can't afford. The last thing she expects is for Quinn- the focus of her slightly, albeit harmless, stalkerish tendencies- to make her an offer she can't refuse.

My Thoughts:

                Not going to lie, when I first started this one I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it…but it was a free Kindle e-book so I thought I would plug along.  Once I settled in and got to know Janie a little bit I LOVED her and realized I kind of AM HER!?!?
                Janie is very intelligent but completely socially awkward with everyone except her knitting club which is odd because she doesn’t even knit!  But I think there is a little bit of all of us in her in our insecurities and fears of relationships and being hurt.  I am rather socially awkward but Janie makes me look normal!
                This is a very fun, PG-13 love story that I am glad that I read because there were a few lines that I actually highlighted that made me realize a few things about me.  You know those moments when you go “huh, yep I do that!” I had one of those when I read the line: “I know that life, in general, terrifies you; I know that you are frequently oblivious to the obvious, and I know that you are completely irrational at times.”  I am not the Brainiac that Janie is but other than that we are the same.
                I think this is why I ended up really enjoying this romance and why I was so utterly happy for Janie when she let go of her fears and trusted and loved.  This is the first book in the Knitting in the City series and I will definitely check out the next installment, Neanderthal Marries Human.
Check out the Amazon Kindle version of NSH today-it's free as of today!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment