Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz


Summary from Amazon:
“In case you were wondering, I didn’t do it. I didn’t have anything to do with Frank’s death. I don’t have an alibi, so you’ll have to take my word for it...”

Forty-eight hours after leaving her husband’s body at the base of the stairs, Tanya Dubois cashes in her credit cards, dyes her hair brown, demands a new name from a shadowy voice over the phone, and flees town. It’s not the first time.

She meets Blue, a female bartender who recognizes the hunted look in a fugitive’s eyes and offers her a place to stay. With dwindling choices, Tanya-now-Amelia accepts. An uneasy―and dangerous―alliance is born.

It’s almost impossible to live off the grid today, but Amelia-now-Debra and Blue have the courage, the ingenuity, and the desperation, to try. Hopscotching from city to city, Debra especially is chased by a very dark secret…can she outrun her past?

With heart-stopping escapes and devious deceptions, The Passenger is an amazing psychological thriller about defining yourself while you pursue your path to survival. One thing is certain: the ride will leave you breathless.
Release date: 3/1/2016
Pre-Order here!

My Thoughts:

     Wow, just wow.  I was slightly nervous about reading this book because I loved the Spellman Files series so much that I was scared that Ms. Lutz’ non-Spellman book would be a letdown.  Not. At. All. 
          This book is a wild, crazy, twisting, turning ride that kept me wondering and thinking constantly but still never able to guess what would come next for Tanya/Amelia! Having to constantly stay “off the grid” and always be on the lookout for a new identity that you can “borrow” is nearly impossible in our technologically advanced world and only causes more stress for Tanya.  I cannot imagine living on the run, always having that fear in the back of your mind, and never being able to trust or talk to anyone. 
          There is so much more to Tanya’s story than what you first realize in the opening chapters, Ms. Lutz keeps you on your toes and guessing what could possibly cause Tanya’s need to run.  The whole mess unravels as you go along which makes the story that much more enjoyable and makes you sympathize even more with her troubles.  I can’t say much more without spoiling something but trust me that this is a very exciting, thrilling and entertaining story that you definitely must read!
4.5/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darling, it's Shan. I have hit follow and signed up for email so I can get all your recommendations. I have three books to read after Me Before You but then I'm coming here to hit you up for ideas! This is so great that you've started this. Can't wait to see what you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not a great writer like you but I try-enjoy!

      Delete