Monday, February 22, 2016

Series I Love



     I love a good series!  It’s not that I don’t read and enjoy a stand-alone novel but there’s just something about finding and delving into a great new-to-me series that just can’t be beat.  It’s even better if I find one that has been around awhile and has several books released in it so I don’t have to wait for the next installment!

     I think what I like about a series (even just a trilogy or quartet) is that it gives you a chance to really know the characters.  If you find a character that you enjoy or can relate to it is so much more enjoyable to be there through several books to watch them change and grow.

     Below is a list of some of the series that I have enjoyed in the past and also a couple of recently published or discovered ones. 






Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben: I found this series through an online book club that I used to belong to and after reading the first one with them I quickly devoured the rest of the series!  This is more a thriller/mystery series but there are a lot of funny moments too…and GREAT news is that Mr. Coben has recently announced that he’s working on another book after many years of no Myron & Win. YAY!



 




Alphabet Series by Sue Grafton: I discovered this series while perusing the library many years ago and I still love Kinsey! Sad to think that we are almost through the whole alphabet and therefore almost done with Kinsey’s story. This series is also in the mystery/thriller category.







 
Outlander series by Diana Galbaldon:  In the summer of 2014 I started seeing ads for the Outlander t.v. series and at the end they said “based on the bestselling series”…well I had to check that out! The show looked really good and since I would much rather read the book-I was sold!  I have read all of the main series books except for the last one (#8) because I am trying to savor it and make sure I don’t have to wait 2+ years for #9! These are hard to pin down genre wise but I would say it is more historical fiction than anything else.
 









Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich:  I came upon this series when I found the first three books on the bargain table at B & N over 10 years ago and have read them all except the latest #22.  To be honest after the last few have been a bit of a letdown I wasn’t too worked up about getting the latest one but I figured I would give it a try because I hate giving up on something I have been involved in for so long.  I assume these are considered mystery books but they are funny too!

























Pucked series by Helena Hunting:  I came by this writer through

Facebook of all places but I am so glad I did! She is such a great writer and these books are not just sexy but HILARIOUS as well! If you enjoy a good love story without cheesy-ness and with humor and fun then check this series out.


















 






Happy, Crazy Love series by Melanie Harlow:  Another new-to-me writer with some great writing skills! I just finished this series (review of #3 to come) and it was so good that I can’t wait to read it again.  This series has such great characters and such great storylines with the angst and turmoil of beginning relationships but also funny moments as well.  Sad that this series is over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment