Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn





Summary from Amazon:

Never in a million years would I have pictured myself as an axe-wielding, dragon lady, chopping up multi-colored flannel shirts into my very own plaid mulch. But here I am, chopping away my frustrations.

It all started when my brother, Paul, convinced me to go on one last family road trip across the Mother Road with him and my dad.. Just like old times, right? Wrong. What Paul fails to mention is his best man, Porter, will be joining us, who just so happens to be my childhood crush and the man who broke my heart four years ago.

What is supposed to be a fun, family bonding experience across Route 66 turns into a war of pranks, awkward moments and bathrooms full of dirty flannel shirts and day old beard clippings. Paul’s know-it-all attitude and Porter’s devilish charm brings me to the brink of my sanity on my seven day trek across the United States with three bearded men in a small 1980’s RV.

 

My Thoughts:
      My review for this book? Shut up and go buy it…NOW! As of today the Kindle version costs $3.99 and it’s worth twice that! 

     In the words of my teenage daughter, “I literally LOL’d”.  This book is funny, sweet, shmexy, sad and wonderful.  Reading The Mother Road at work during my lunch break got me some interesting looks because I was laughing so hard many, many times. 

     The characters are quirky and crazy and you will want them to be a part of your family.  Marley is intelligent, funny, confident, smartass that has no problem sticking up for herself amongst this crazy (and gross) group of men she is stuck in a RV with as they travel across the country in a memorial trip for their mom.  The three bearded men driving her nuts are so weird and funny that you will instantly love each of them.

     This is the first book of Meghan Quinn’s that I have read and after this I will definitely be looking for more from her.  Great characters with wonderful relationships, no cheesy emotionless lines of gook that make you cringe.  Believable emotions and angst!

     This is one of those books that once I am done with it I wish I could un-read it so that I can go back and read it for the first time, again….am I the only one who ever wishes this?
5/5 stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment