Monday, October 17, 2016

New Additions to the Pile!


     So I realize that it has been quite awhile (July??!!) since I did one of these posts.  It hasn't been because I didn't buy any books, trust me! I have gotten so many great opportunities to review books and personally been so busy that I just haven't gotten around to doing a post like this one.
     If you see that pile above you'll know that there have been several new-to-me book purchases made around my house!  Half Price Books had a GIGANTIC sale at a nearby expo center back in August-nothing over $2! WOO HOO! I couldn't pass that up so I spent three hours with my head bent digging through tables of books.  The daughter and I ended up with stiff necks and over 35 books plus several movies.  'Twas a great day! :)

Here are just some of my recent purchases:





In The Woods by Tana French: heard this a great series so very excited to start it.

















No Safe House by Linwood Barclay: one of my favorite writers
















Original Sin by PD James: I read and loved Death Comes to Pemberley so I want to read more by this writer















The Tailor of Panama by John le Carre: I really enjoyed The Night Manager so again, interested in reading more












The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury:  I enjoyed The DaVinci Code and am very interested in religion and history so this sounded good.














Suspicious by Nora Roberts: I enjoy a good romantic suspense but usually only by Nora Roberts.  I picked up several of her books at the sale.







The Postmistress by Sarah Blake: historical fiction has been a new genre for me over the last year or so and I am finding all kinds of great stuff to read













Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll: I keep hearing how great this book is-we'll see!









   
 
Like I said, this is only a small sampling of all the new goodies I have purchased but this post would be waaaaayyy too long if I put them all on here.  I will (hopefully) be able to review some for the blog to share more of them with everyone. Have a great week!






     I am currently reading Commonwealth by Anne Patchett for the newly started Modern Mrs. Darcy's Book Club-click the link if you are interested in joining as it should be a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment