Thursday, October 6, 2016

Home by Harlan Coben


Summary from Amazon:


     A decade ago, kidnappers grabbed two boys from wealthy families and demanded ransom, then went silent. No trace of the boys ever surfaced. For ten years their families have been left with nothing but painful memories and a quiet desperation for the day that has finally, miraculously arrived: Myron Bolitar and his friend Win believe they have located one of the boys, now a teenager. Where has he been for ten years, and what does he know about the day, more than half a life ago, when he was taken? And most critically: What can he tell Myron and Win about the fate of his missing friend?

 

My Thoughts:


     Yay! I was so excited when I heard several months ago that not only did Harlan Coben have a new book coming out but also that he was going back to his Myron Bolitar series…I may have done a happy dance! 

     The gang is all here: Myron? Check. Win? Check. Esperanza? Big Cyndi? Check. Zorra? Check. Even Mickey, Ema, and Spoon? Check, check and check!  This was definitely going to be one of those books that I couldn’t wait to read but I also never wanted to start because well, then it would be over! L

     Oh where to start? I haven’t yet reviewed one of Mr. Coben’s books on this blog mainly because I have LOVED them all.  I am afraid that my reviews of his books will boring bordering on gushing because I enjoy his work so much!

     Myron and Win haven’t seen or spoken to each other in over a year.  Myron isn’t really concerned about Win’s wellbeing because well, it is Win.  He just misses his best friend! Win has been in hiding but once he gets an anonymous email claiming to know the whereabouts of his missing cousin and his friend, he finally contacts Myron for help.  Win tried investigating on his own but things didn’t go well…. three people dead and one of the missing boys frightened and running…oopsy!

     What follows, in true Coben fashion, is an investigation steeped in twists and turns but also laughter, tears and tension that will keep you guessing until the last chapters.  Myron and Win still have their great sense of humor but also their amazing sense of humanity and I, for one, am so glad to have them back!

5/5 stars

 


I was so fortunate to (FINALLY!) get to meet Harlan Coben at one of his Home tour stops.  Watermark Books in Wichita, Kansas, hosted a small Q & A with him during the week of release and then he signed books.  Mr. Coben spoke about his writing and creating process which was very interesting and he is so funny! It was a great experience and I am so glad my fabulous hubby took me!

 
Author's website: http://www.harlancoben.com/

2 comments: