Thursday, September 1, 2016

My August 2016 Reads

 
     For some reason I feel like August just went by in a total blur! I was busy but I don't know what I was doing and I also don't feel like I read much but I did read 7 books-that's not bad!!! 
     It was just an average month reading-wise with mostly 3-4 star reads but I did find some great thrillers and one was a 5/5! Woo Hoo! :)
 
 
            Valley of the Moon by Melanie Gideon: a strange historical Sci-Fi-ish read that missed the mark for me-see my review here. 2/5
 
Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich: I haven't always been a great fan of her "other" books (re: not Plums) but this was a fun little caper. See the full review here. 4/5



The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney: This one was being raved about but I just didn't like any of the characters-this is a big No-No for me! See my thoughts here.  3/5







Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner: Really great British police procedural mystery/thriller! See my full review here.  4/5





The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware: LOVED this! Best thriller I have read in a very long time-read it! Full review here. 5/5

P.S. Ms. Ware retweeted my tweet of the review and said it made her day-I may have squealed...



Booty Camp Dating Service by Debra Anastasia: A new romance series that has potential but needs some tweaks, IMO.  See full review here. 3.5/5





Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck: my banned book pick for MMD 2016 Reading Challenge...wanted to like it as the writing is excellent but it is just so darn depressing.  Please don't hate me.  The full review is here.  3/5





Finally, coming soon....

 
It's been over 20 years since I've read Stephen King....stay tuned!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment