Thursday, April 6, 2017

March Reads


     Well I always have good intentions of not buying more books, but....

     It was a pretty good reading month for me in March! I ventured a little outside the norm for a couple of books and loved one and hated the other.  I am also apparently the only one on the planet that hated it too...wonder what that says about me? Oh well!

March Reads:

If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow: One of my favorite writers-pretty great book! 4/5 stars










Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders: This is the everyone-loves-it-but-I-couldn't-even-finish-it book...ugh. Full review here.











Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon: Really enjoyed this new-to-me series and can't wait to read more! The rest of my review can be found here.










A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline:   Bleak but nicely written fictional story behind a famous painting-full info here.










The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes: Great historical fiction story that I am so glad was recommended in the MMD Book Club this month! See my review here.










Royally Screwed by Emma Chase: Ms. Chase writes some pretty great romances and I've been meaning to start her latest series-it's another good one! 4/5 stars










The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley by Hannah Tinti:  Interesting story about a father and daughter's life on the road and how it affects their relationship.  Full review here.








Coming up in April:
*Meghan Quinn's latest
*a new thriller coming later in the month
*more historical fiction
*what will I choose for my April Reading Challenge book (a book I've already read)? I know you're on the edge of your seats for that one. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment