Monday, May 30, 2016

Get Lucky by Lila Monroe

Summary from Amazon:

What happens when you wake up in a hotel suite next to a gorgeous naked man with absolutely no memory of the past twelve hours?

I guess it's true what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Or at least I hope it stays here. The Romantic Style convention was meant to be a weekend of raucous fun with friends, sun, and enough poolside margaritas to forget about my ex. But now, instead of meeting my fans and signing books, I'm stuck with cocky divorce lawyer Nate Wexler. He's arrogant, infuriating, and I can't keep my hands off of him. Judging by the state of our hotel room, last night was wild. I just wish I could remember it.

A pair of matching tattoos. A cheap wedding veil. A half empty box of glow in the dark condoms.

What the hell just happened?

My thoughts:

     I started this one thinking “another Vegas blackout, I-married-a-stranger book? It better have a fresh take!” Yes, it did.  This quirky couple goes out on a quest to reconstruct their lost night and well…hijinks ensue. 
     Julia is a romance book writer who is quirky, wild and fun loving.  Nate is a broken hearted divorce attorney with no desire to ever be in a relationship again. Lots of laughs and a whole lot of interesting characters are along for this ride around Vegas while they try to decode their night of drunken debauchery. 
     There was on section with A LOT of Dr. Who references that I don’t totally get or really care for but it didn’t deter me for reading on.  Julia has named the two sides of her personality after a couple of the doctors: her sensible side is #9 and her wild side is #10. She keeps up the references throughout the book but they don’t annoy me.
     If you are looking for a fun, sexy little read this is the book for you. There is no deep emotional angst but some heartbreak and past emotional issues but everything is handled with laughter.  The characters are all likeable and I can see this being the start of a fun series!
3.5/5 stars

Author's Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment