Thursday, April 21, 2016

Models On Top-Danny by S.L. Scott

Summary from Amazon:

     Everything you've heard about modeling is true, and you haven't heard the half of it. It's glamorous. It's sexy. And yes, the line between work and reality often blurs.
     We're not just prototypes of perfection. Models have feelings and desires, too. We may be genetically gifted, but we're still human.
     I'm only human. Yes, an extraordinary specimen that earns more in a day than most make in a year, but this eight pack didn't create itself. I spend hours working on this body. The good looks just come natural. *Winks* Thanks, Mom and Dad.
     I'm Danny Weston, Supermodel.
     But one path was traded for another when I chose this career. Ten years later, I would trade my career to have it back. To have her back.
     Reese Carmichael is the one woman I would give it all up for, and the only one I can't have. Yet.
 

My Thoughts:

     Danny Weston is one of the most sought after male models in the industry.  He’s in his early thirties and his career is going great but the parties and dating are getting old.  He still wonders what happened ten years ago when he lost the love of his life.
     Reese Carmichael has worked hard to get her career in marketing and advertising to where it is today.  A huge opportunity comes her way to run a major ad campaign for a famous men’s designer and she knows just the model for the job. But is forcing her old love back into her life a good idea?
     I really liked the premise of this book as it is the opposite of what you usually see.  Most books involving models/celebrities in relationships have the female in the famous role with the male partner being the jealous one who can’t handle things so this was a refreshing change. 
     My problem was that it took forever to get around to why Danny and Reese’s relationship fell apart the first time.  They never really ever talked about their problems or what happened with each other and that just didn’t make any sense to me.
      I really liked Reese but wish we could have got more in her head about things and also wish she hadn’t been so back and forth with her decisions.  Some of the supporting characters were intriguing, funny and for me, outshined the main characters in like-ability.
     This book has a lot of promise but sometimes it just felt disjointed from sudden scene change with no warning, to conversations that were stilted and confusing, and lots of interruptions during key moments.  I just think with a little polish this could have been a better, less confusing experience for the reader.
2.5/5 stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment