Monday, February 6, 2017

January Reads


     So the holidays are over-yay! For me December is two birthdays, Christmas and then January hits which gives me New Year's a.k.a. my anniversary and then two more birthdays! Ugh, glad it is all over. On top of all of that there was illness in our house so it has been madness. 
     All of that was leading up to me saying that I only read four books in all of January...four?!?!  Those are my excuses for not getting much done but I did check off my first read for my 2017 MMD Reading Challenge. Go me!


Here are the four measly books I finished:

News of the World by Paullette Jiles: this was the January Modern Mrs. Darcy book club pick.  Not my usual genre but it was a short but good story.  










The Trespasser by Tana French: first of her novels that I have read and I loved it! See the full review here.










The Girl Before by JP Delaney: still not real sure how I feel about this psychological thriller-more thoughts here.










Faithful by Alice Hoffman: new to me author and my reading challenge pick for January. Is it any wonder I picked it solely for the cover? Dark but touching story about overcoming tragedy and living your life. I laughed and cried several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment