Monday, February 26, 2018

Savannah Sleuths by Alan Chaput


Summary:


     Though born to heirloom pearls, designer dresses and lush garden parties, Savannah social icon Patricia Falcon and three of her closest friends spend their days in Savannah's dark side rescuing abused women. Patricia's darling mother, a prominent philanthropist, drops dead, and the police are baffled by her untimely death. Patricia recruits her three friends to help her investigate what she believes is murder. "Savannah Sleuth" is a page-turning journey from Savannah's Southern wealth and grace into the hidden corners of Savannah and across two continents in a deadly pursuit of justice.





My Thoughts:

     
     I would categorize this book as a PG-13 cozy mystery.  There was a small love scene, but nothing graphic. And people do drop like flies in Savannah! Someone is targeting Patricia and her friends specifically and no one can figure out why. I did find this to be a page turner as I was very interested in how things would play out.
     Patricia and her husband's relationship was treated a little too preciously to me. Also, I feel like a couple of things weren't really explained at the end; a vague motive and one aspect of the story was never really clear to me.  I like things wrapped up neatly so maybe it is just me.
    I kind of had a feeling who the culprit was and I was correct but it didn't really detract from the story for me.  I am hoping that future installments have more involving Patricia's work rescuing abused women and helping them find shelter.  This was a great aspect to the story but rather short.
     All in all this was a fun start to a new mystery series 3.5/5



Author's site: https://alanchaput.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment