Monday, December 4, 2017

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen







Summary: 
 


A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love. 

When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement.
You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter a new marriage with the man she loves.
You will assume the first wife was a disaster and that the husband was well rid of her.
You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships.
Assume nothing.



My Thoughts:


     Hmmm, where to begin....this is definitely a page turning thriller with plot twists that will make you do a double take but for some reason it didn't click with me quite as much as I had hoped.  Good Reads is filled with rave reviews and I was very excited to read this one but I never really connected to Nellie and it left things feeling flat to me.
      Nellie comes off  as naive and trusting. Vanessa seems bitter and delusional. The dual narration makes the story very interesting but unreliable narrators and an attempt at an ambiguous ending left me wishing the story had ended a few chapters earlier.
     Don't get me wrong, this will be a hit with many and will probably turn into a huge hit on best seller's lists.  I feel like the first 75% of the book is on point for a great thriller but the wrap up is twisted so many different ways it ends up being Too Much.  3/5 stars.


Link for more info like audio sample and video promos:


https://us.macmillan.com/static/smp/wife-between-us/




*Thanks to St. Martin's Press for the promo materials!


No comments:

Post a Comment