Thursday, December 21, 2017

2017 Five Star Reads




     2017 is about to be over!? I have mixed feelings about that but mostly I'm ready to start a shiny New Year.  Here's hoping 2018 is better!  
     I kept thinking of doing a "Best of..." but it seemed a bit daunting so I settled (for now) for only listing my five star reviews.  I feel that I am pretty stingy with my five star reviews but I ended up with eleven this year! Thirteen if you count the two re-reads.  
      I really have to be wowed by a book to give it five stars.  It has to be a book that I devoured and did not want to put down.  There seems to be no formula for what works for me and I think it really depends on my mood and the timing. Looking back on some of these now, I might not give them 5 stars at this time but when read, they definitely hit the right notes with me.

*Just a warning that I doubt any of these are on the typical "Best of.." lists as I rarely agree with the Literary Snobs on anything! At least I know I am not alone, check out this post from Sarah at Sarah's Bookshelves. 



The Trespasser by Tana French











We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter










This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel















http://stephsbookramblings.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-girl-you-left-behind-by-jojo-moyes.html
The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes










All Over The Place: Adventures in Travel, True Love, and Petty Theft by Geraldine DeRuiter










The Dry by Jane Harper










The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid











The Alice Network by Kate Quinn










The Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson












Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben










Reading People by Anne Bogel














*****************************

Five stars but re-reads:


 Whiskey Sour by JA Konrath
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon





This is a crazy mix of genres and all amazing books so I hope this list helps you find something new to read and love!  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment