Monday, June 13, 2016

Man Candy by Melanie Harlow

Summary:

He’s back.
Not just back in town, but living in the flat right beneath mine. And he looks good enough to eat, which is just one more reason to stay away from him.
But I can’t resist.
The sex is incredible (pretty sure we’ve shaken the house right off its foundation), but he can’t fool me—not this time. A degree in marketing and five years in advertising have taught me that “true love” is a fairy tale used to sell lipstick, diamonds, and perfume. It doesn’t exist.
He thinks I’m wrong, and he wants to prove it.
I think he’s crazy, so I dare him to try.
It might be the biggest mistake of my life.
 

My Thoughts:

     Teenage Jaime was had a mad crush on her brother’s friend but when she finally got up the nerve to tell him he laughed at her! Now, ten years later, Jaime is stuck with Quinn as a next door neighbor and her fears of relationships and commitments are keeping her from letting him in again.  Quinn realizes now that there is no reason to continue to deny his feelings for Jaime but her inability to trust him may keep them from a future.
     This time around the girl has commitment issues and a deep seeded fear of love/feeling!  Oy the angst! I can understand why Jaime guards herself and why she has the fears she had.  I feel so bad for her that she was so scared she won’t let anyone love her. 
     Melanie Harlow gives us laughter, fun, sexy and sweet characters that really speak to you…again! She is so good at finding the words that I sometimes cannot to express the real, true meaning of sharing your life with someone.
“You’re right about serious relationships not being all hearts and flowers and orgasms…that’s falling in love.”  Real love is “knowing that someone has your back and will be there at the end of your best days and your worst.  It’s understanding that you’re part of something bigger than yourself, and fighting for it.”
     This was a great story and I am really hoping the first in a new series! J
4.5/5 stars

Release date: June 20th 
Add to your TBR on Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1TkpDqF
 
Connect with Melanie:

 

3 comments: