Monday, February 15, 2016

Multi-Reads



    

    
      Do you have those books that you just love and even though you know what is going to happen you still have to read it again? I have several of those!
     My husband thinks I’m crazy when I re-read books because “you already know what happens!?!”, but what he doesn’t understand is that I always seem to catch something new or different.  It’s not about the ending so much as the way the author go us there that is so enjoyable and I think a lot of people miss that point.

     Yes, I know what is coming in the plot but whether it’s devastating or not I have to read it again!  Sometimes when I go back I catch things that I missed the first time around and it makes the story even better.  Other times, knowing the outcome enhances the story because the author has foreshadowing that I didn’t realize in the initial reading.  If the book is good a second (or even third) read is just as enjoyable as the first and maybe even more so.

Here are some books that I have read more than once: (I have a rather eclectic collection of books-don’t judge)

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen: I’ve read this 3 or 4 times but if you include the audio book and/or the BBC movie? The number for this one is probably closer to 6-7.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: I don’t know what it is about this novel that I love so much but I’ve read this one at least four times.

Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels:  I’ve read this series twice-except for the latest installment-and still laugh out loud at it.  Love Dylan & Reece-Ms. Daniels is excellent at angst and sexiness
Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich:  I have loved this series for years but I must admit to being a little disappointed in the last few books.  The first six or seven in the series have been read by me at least three times.
Lucy Valentine series by Heather Webber:  This is a great cozy-ish mystery series that I just love the characters in it!  It’s been a little while since I read it the second time so it might be due for a third soon…
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown:  LOVE this book!  I enjoy learning about religions and history so throw in a crazy mystery and I am there!
Anything by Melanie Harlow:  That’s not the name of a book I just literally mean anything by this woman.  Just finished her latest trilogy and immediately wanted to start it all over again-she is so incredibly talented!

     That’s it, for now…but I am currently working my way through Pucked for the second time and I have plans to re-read Outlander in preparation for delving into book #8 for the first time and I have recently had a hankering to re-read the Jack Daniels series by J.A. Konrath as well so this list will be growing. J


No comments:

Post a Comment