Thursday, November 2, 2017

October 2017 Reads


     October is over!?!? Can you believe this?  I feel like I say this every month but it just seems like time is flying and I am REALLY not prepared!  I actually read 7.5 books this month which is pretty good for me.  I have a feeling that November and December are not going to be as productive book-wise but a book nerd can always hope!  I know that gift cards for bookstores will be high up on my Christmas wish lists, how about you?

October Reads:

Bourbon Sins by Meghan Quinn: A new cover and a re-edit of her old series prompted a new round of reviews and I was lucky enough to be included.  Not my fave of hers but still good-see all the info here.





House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick: An interesting read with three strong female characters-all the details here.




Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak:  Lesson learned-just because it has a great cover doesn't mean family dramas are for me.  Full review is here.





Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben:  If you love a good page-turning mystery with sarcasm and laughs look no further than one of my all time faves, Harlan Coben! All my thoughts are here.




Nadya's War by C.S. Taylor:  Great side of war that we don't often hear about but too much technical and not enough personal.  See the full review here.





Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton:  Kinsey Millhone will go down as one of my all time favorite detectives.  I have been pals with her for decades and will cry a little the day I finish this series. 4.5/5 stars



Think Smart Not Hard by Roy Huff:  Realistic advice for anyone's life no matter their goals.  See my full review here.  







                           November preview:








I may have both of these books in my TBR pile and I may have met both of them earlier in the fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment