Monday, July 10, 2017

Bring Her Home by David Bell



Summary:


     Just a year and a half after the tragic death of his wife, Bill Price's fifteen-year-old daughter, Summer, and her best friend, Haley, disappear. Days later, the girls are found in a city park. Haley is dead at the scene, while Summer is left beaten beyond recognition and clinging to life.

     As Bill holds vigil over Summer's bandaged body, the only sound the unconscious girl can make is one cryptic and chilling word: No. And the more time Bill spends with Summer, the more he wonders what happened to her. Or if the injured girl in the hospital bed is really his daughter at all.

     When troubling new questions about Summer's life surface, Bill is not prepared for the aftershocks. He'll soon discover that both the living and the dead have secrets. And that searching for the truth will tear open old wounds that pierce straight to the heart of his family...

 

My Thoughts:


     I am torn on my feelings for this book.  On one hand I kept reading until the very last line curious to see where it went but on the other hand? I either knew what was going to happen long before it did or I couldn’t believe what was happening.  One key twist in the story just seemed very unbelievable to me and I pretty much figured out the “who dunit” part a quarter of the way through the story. 

     Bring Her Home is told mostly through the eyes of Bill, Summer’s father.  Bill is, to me, a manic and completely unreliable narrator.  As for the rest of the cast of characters, they are fairly normal but some of the dynamics in the relationships between them are odd, forced or just plain unrealistic.

        So basically you are thinking; why did she keep reading? Well, I don’t know.  I guess even though I knew who the bad guy was I was just curious enough to want to know the details of how Mr. Bell would pull it all together.  I cannot say that I loved this one or even really liked it but I did finish it so that is saying something, right? 3/5 stars

 


Author’s site:  https://davidbellnovels.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment