Thursday, December 8, 2016

Room Service by Poppy Dunne


Summary from Good Reads:
     I've spent seven nights cooped up in this five star hotel, sleeping on 1000 thread count sheets and working sixteen hours a day. At least room service is covered under my expense account. But all work and no play leaves a girl dateless for her brother's wedding.

     Prospects aren't totally bleak, though. Four meals a day, I get to drool over this sexy room service guy: he's got a perfect body, easy smile, and a sense of humor that has me snorting over my personal pizza. He's all that and a bag of chips. Specifically, the jumbo bag of ranch barbecue chips that I ordered for breakfast out of desperation on Day Four. 

     I finally found the courage to 'accidentally' let my bathrobe slip, and ask him to be my plus one at my brother's wedding. So maybe I had to offer him a little money. So what? There's no way I can face my family, make my ex rue the day he left me, or screw off this work stress without his helping hand.

     But what happens when I find myself falling for my fake, paid-for boyfriend? Judging by the comped mozzarella sticks he brought me for breakfast, maybe there's a chance he's falling for me too?

My Thoughts:
     You are stuck in a hotel room in New York City on a work/personal trip. Your baby brother is getting married and all your mother can talk about is how you should have tried harder to keep your last boyfriend because you’re pushing 30 with no prospects…and oh by the way, your ex? He’ll be at the wedding!?!?! How do you get out of the nagging and embarrassment? Why you ask the cute room service waiter to be your pretend boyfriend! Duh!
     That moment of panic sends Alex on a crazy (but fun!) ride with a great guy who not only makes her laugh but also understands her idiosyncrasies and loves that she loves food and is a bit of a klutz.  Ben is not like all the stuffy, rich, self-absorbed men she has forced upon her by her mother and for that Alex likes him even more. He’s honest and down to earth which helps Alex from freaking out when surrounded by family and her ex all weekend.
     Room Service is a quick read but it was a great one with some very hilarious moments! The only problems I had is that the ending felt a little rushed (it didn’t bother me that much) and for some reason I feel that I never really got a complete picture of Alex in my head.  Maybe it was because there wasn’t much in the way of description of her physically or a lack of more background story for her.  Either way it is a little pet peeve of mine but it did not stop me from enjoying the story at all!
   If you enjoy a quick, fun romantic romp-this is a good one for you!  
4/5 stars









No comments:

Post a Comment